29 November 2005

It's been a few days

since I've posted. Sorry about that. I'm in the middle of the end-of-semester rush. I've discovered one of the true joys of being a graduate student. Not only do I get to go absolutely bonkers trying to write several papers for my own courses, I also find myself submerged under a mass of papers that I have to grade.

And then there's my own research, which has ground to a screeching halt while I finish the rest of the academic stuff.

I think, more than anything else in the whole world, I'd like a 25th hour in the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I am agraduate student and completely empathize with you statement. It is also irritating when your students want help (which they need the day before the exam) and also studying for your own courses.
Arrrgh.. pulling hair out till the semester ends..........

Janet D. Stemwedel said...

Just so you know, it doesn't change all that much when you're (junior) faculty. Except suddenly you're supposed to know how to dress like a grown-up.

What I really want is 4 extra hours a day that no one else knows I have. Because you just know if anyone finds out I have those extra hours, I'll get more work to fill those hours.

Good luck!