04 April 2006

Guilty Pleasures

I have a confession to make.

From time to time, in my own home and out of view of my children, I yield to temptation and read something written by Tom Clancy. It's wrong, I know, but it's hard to resist. The man's politics might have started to the right of John Birch Society (and drifted rightward over time), and his the mindset of his characters is overly righteous and simplistic, but his stories are decent escapist novels. If I need to turn off my brain for a while, Clancy isn't the world's worst way to do it. The thing is, though, unlike a large number of wingnuts, I know that it's just a story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear QA,

I am a fan of your blog, and I very much want to send you an email about something. I can't seem to find contact info for you anywhere on the site, though? Would you please send me an email at sharpe@seedmediagroup.com, and I will write back to you about what I have in mind?

Thank you!